Friday, March 23, 2012

Our Last Date

Well...for a very long time that is.

Josh and I have planned a mini-getaway before baby girl comes. Technically I will be full term next week - during his spring break - and he had mentioned going away somewhere: places like Branson or Lake of the Ozarks. But I just didn't want to be too far just in case. He also said we could take the kids and make it a family thing, but knowing me, I know that after baby girl gets here, I won't be going out with my husband for quite a while (because I exclusively nurse and don't pump...not that I couldn't...not that I couldn't use formula for a night out...I'm just really bad at leaving newborns...or, umm...three month olds...yeah, maybe even six month olds).

So anyway, my parents and his parents are helping with kiddos, and we are going to St. Louis for an extended, overnight date.

We will check in to the DoubleTree by Hilton in St. Louis on Saturday afternoon.














After we settle in, take a nap, lounge around for a bit, we'll head out to The Melting Pot where we have reservations for dinner.












I've never been there, so this should be fun!

Next we'll go see The Hunger Games at the Chesterfield Mall. Josh read the series of books, and he thought it was great (one of my close friends also read it and is gaga about it...so hopefully this will be a great movie).












After the movie we'll probably go back to the hotel and crash. Or watch tv...you know, something exciting like that. Maybe I'll watch the news or state up late (for me) and watch Letterman!

I'm guessing I won't be able to sleep in the next morning because it's just not in my genes! I'm too much of a morning person, but it will be nice to just relax and have a slow-paced morning. There is an IHOP close to our hotel, and I can't think of a better way to spend the morning than to start it off right with IHOP!










After breakfast I'm not sure what we'll do. We might go to the mall...I still need to find a "going home" outfit for baby girl, and I think Josh would like to find some new clothes for work. We'll just mosey around, nothing much, but much needed time alone together before our life changes with a newborn.

I am excited to do this. I can't wait to meet my baby girl and for our family to grow, but I know that it's hard to be just me and Josh when family dynamics change. At least for a while anyway.

"Sweet, an overnighter! Don't get knocked up!"

Don't worry, friend-of-mine-who-likes-to-give-me-crap. I'll try not to! :)


Did you have a "last date" before a new baby arrived?

16 comments:

Causey Fam said...

Enjoy your time together!

Amanda said...

LOVE your blog as always and I hope that you and Josh really enjoy your time away! You guys deserve it and especially you Chrissy. My husband and I have NEVER went away without our kids. They either come or we don't go. We just can't do it yet and they will be 3 and 4 in just a couple weeks!!!! Sad I know but we are okay with it. Just in the last 6 months we have let my Mom keep them overnight and we do nothing but think of them and talk about them the whole time we are away from them LOL Which is probably normal I guess! Even as a stay at home Mom I can't get enough of them. I'm overly obsessed HAHA!!! Well again enjoy your time together before baby #4 arrives:)

Hillary said...

Umm... no. Didn't think about that, and it's probably too late now!

Jo said...

Enjoy your time! Sounds like a wonderful get away!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are getting time away, it's definitely refreshing and much needed! Marriage first, children second-God says so! So NEVER feel bad about putting your marriage first!!! :)

Your night away sounds exactly like what I would do!! :) I agree with the previous poster-you definitely deserve it!!!

PS-I'm thinking you mentioned me in this post TWICE, and that's pretty cool!! If not, don't tell me and burst my bubble, let my head swell just a bit !! :)

Lajoie said...

The melting pot is awesome! It might just put you into labor! ;)

Amanda said...

Joseph and I were on that so called last date when I went into labor with Scottie. We went to lunch, finished our baby registry at walmart, and then went to see How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. Started labor during the movie, but the contractions didn't get close enough to go to the hospital until late that night. Enjoy the melting pot, it is a favorite of mine. I especially love their Green Goddess Dip.

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

Girl, the Melting Pot is my favorite restaurant! Enjoy your time together..glad to meet you through SUYL.

Unknown said...

Wow looks fun!!!I am from Kelly's link up. We don't usually do a trip when a baby comes but we have regular away trip during the year. Congratulation on your new little girl!!!!

Amanda Rooney said...

Coming over from Kelly's Korner! Congratulations! And enjoy your weekend!

thechattymommy said...

Have an awesome time!

Courtney said...

Ooh! Have fun! I just went to Melting Pot for the first time last week with some ladies from my church's book club, and it was sooo worth it.
Congratulations on the soon to be new arrival!

BARBIE said...

I am so thankful you are getting some time alone with your hubby! Enjoy!

Jaimee said...

Sounds amazing! We planned a date night, but Ella disagreed, she wanted to come early, so no date night for us - until she was 9 months old!

Mochamama said...

Ohhh sounds like a fun weekend! I LOVE the Melting Pot! Have a wonderful time.

Aries said...

What a great idea to have a last date before your baby arrived. If it was me, my mum and in-laws would kill me if I ever leave house the last few months of my pregnancy. Well, they were just concern for me. Happy blogging to you.

Post a Comment